The final post in my Crepe Trilogy is on savory crepes. Savory crepes make for an awesome sandwich. This recipe calls for cooking the crepes in the oven, which gets the outside of the crepes nice and crispy. With the melty cheese and salty ham, it is an irresistible treat. The best part is that everything can be prepared ahead of time and then just popped in the oven or toaster oven, whenever a tasty treat is needed. I would recommend a cheese that has a bit of character and is a good melter. Try Swiss or an Emmentaler.
Ham & Cheese Crepe
- 4 10″ crepes
- 8 slices of deli ham
- 8-12 slices of cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the ham and cheese on one half of a crepe. You should have enough cheese to cover that one half.
- Fold the crepe in half, and then in half again. It should look like a slice of pizza. Repeat for the three remaining crepes.
- Place the crepes on a cookie sheet and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook the crepes for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has melted.