Happy New Year! It is amazing that another year has come and gone. Carolyn and I had a lot of fun this past year and made a lot of tasty dishes. There are a lot of dishes, however, we wanted to try to make, but never got around to. To help make sure we branch out a little more this coming year we have come up with a new invention… Culinary Resolutions!
“Culinary Resolutions” is a list of all the recipes, restaurants and food we want to try or make more often. We will check in half way through the year to see how we are doing and of course report back at the year to see if we made it all the way through the list.
Culinary Resolutions ’09
- Bake a quiche
- Make Popovers that pop over, not under
- Eat more beans and whole grains
- Try making a souffle (They scare me!)
- Make more soup
- Pulled Pork
- Chicken Piccata
- Dishes with ricotta cheese
- Go to more of the restaurants in Adams Morgan (Mama Ayesha has been on our to do list for 2 years!)
I emailed around and got some other DC Food Bloggers to come up with lists of resolutions too. I have to be honest, my list doesn’t seem so ambitious in comparison. I think Carolyn and I will have to power through our list so we can take one some more challenges.
- Pete from Pete Bakes – I think I have to steal the item about visiting Thai X-ing. I am also jealous because his list got tons of comments! :)
- Clay and Zach from The Bitten Word – First off, I think they have a great concept for a blog. They also came up with great list and I am really hoping they live up to the Short Rib resolution because it is the perfect weather for them.
- Sarah from The District Domestic – Not only does Sarah have a great food website, but she also runs a custom stationary studio. One of the items she offers is a custom recipe box… very impressive!
What are your Culinary Resolutions for 2009? Leave them below in the comments section.