If you like chocolate (who doesn’t?) and if you like peanut butter (ok, some people might not), then you’ll love these peanut butter chocolate bars! A friend made them for a 4th of July party, and everyone at the party asked for the recipe. So, now it my turn to share it with you.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix (no pudding)
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 12 ounce package chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil (leave some hanging over the edges, making handles) and spray with Pam.
- For the crust: melt butter. On a low speed, mix cake mix, peanut butter, melted butter and eggs for 1 minute.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the mix for the top.
- Pour remaining mix in pan and push down with finger to make bottom layer.
- For the filling: melt chocolate chips, butter and milk either in the microwave or on the stove using a double boiler. Stir frequently to make sure it doesn’t burn. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over crust. Top chocolate layer with remaining crust mix, crumbled. Top with chopped peanuts. (Note: 1 1/2 cups might be too much. You might be able to get away with 1 cup.)
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Let cool. Cut and serve. (After cutting, bars can be refrigerated to set the chocolate.)