After trying overnight yeast pancakes, I thought I would give their buddy waffles a try. Overnight waffles are just as easy as the pancakes. As a bonus, the yeast makes them nice and light, and gives them a nice crust.
Overnight Yeast Waffles
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp yeast (active dry or instant)
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl, mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and then stir in the milk, water and butter.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix, by hand or with a mixer, until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove in the morning. Allow the batter to warm to room temperature if possible.
- To make waffles, pour the batter into a pre-heated waffle iron.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.