So what would happen if you three of the most popular cookie styles in a single cookie? Would you have a super cookie or a confused, muddled mess of flavors?
Not one to let this question go unanswered, we gave this recipe a try. We lucked out, the results were great! All of the flavors in this cookie play well together and you get a cookie that is well-balanced. Everyone wins with this cookie… Peanut Butter, Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip fans will all be pleased. If you like soft cookies, pull them out at 10 minutes as directed. I like my cookies a little crisper. I would have keep them in for another 5 minutes.
Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.