- Chicken (Boneless chicken breast, split chicken breast or chicken thighs)
- Liquid (Water, broth, and/or wine)
- Flavorings (rosemary, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, lemon zest, ginger, garlic, celery, onions, carrotsâ€¦ etc)
- Place chicken in pan.
- Add enough of the liquid to cover the chicken.
- Add salt and flavorings.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for two minutes, longer for bone-in pieces (~5 additional minutes)
- Remove pan from heat and cover.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken in container, cover with liquid and refrigerate.